Are you over-committing? Why?
Are there things you want to do, and think about doing, and never seem to have enough time or enough energy or enough focus? You might be dealing with being over-committed. Check out the following list:
Do you do any of the following?
- You work all the time
- You do everything; everyone depends on you
- You say yes to everyone and everything
- You are overwhelmed
- You say no to everything
- You want to hide
- You have self-sabotaging behaviors
- You are easily distracted
- You procrastinate often
- You don’t stick to a schedule
- You don’t return email or calls in a timely manner
- You don’t have systems in place
If you said yes, I suspect you are the victim of your own drive that has left you over-committing. This may not be new news to you