Christine E.B. Howard
I am the founder and president of E. B. Howard Consulting, LLC. We are a certified M/WBE in NY, NYC, and with the SBA that provides #Nondilutive #Funding Development (e.g. #SBIR) and #Evaluation Services - specifically, to help you find funding, apply for funding, and measure the outcomes of your funding. I am passionate about funding equity among women and minority-owned start-ups. So passionate, that in 2014, I started compiling a list of various investment firms (e.g. VCs firms) that will take you seriously and that will NOT make a funding decision based on your AGE, GENDER, or ETHNICITY. I have made this a public list on my website. I speak, present, and give talks regularly on anything from the fundamentals of non-dilutive funding (aka grant writing basics), funding equity among women and minority-owned start-ups, to data visualization and utilization, to reporting on outcomes. I am also the immediate past president of NAWBO Buffalo Niagara. Nationally, NAWBO just wrapped up celebrating the 30th anniversary of the signing of the federal legislation HR5050 which eliminated all individual state laws that required women to have a male relative sign a business loan. See more here https://www.thebalancecareers.com/women-business-ownership-act-3514791 #givefirst is a priority for me. If you have questions about #SBIR, #grants, other non-dilutive funding, #evaluation, and resources. Schedule Office hours with me through the link below. My door is open. This is not a sales pitch or a request for our services. Just Q & A. https://calendly.com/ebhoward/
- ** I know personally experienced first-hand how long it takes for business owners and entrepreneurs to receive M/WBE certification through New York State (it took a year for her application to be approved). I was so irritated with the experience that I got together with a team of like-minded regional women business owners and we crafted a white paper that was presented to Lt. Governor Kathy Hochul in the spring of 2017 surrounding the NYS Minority and Women Business Enterprise (MWBE) processes. The white paper was a result of the Amherst Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), recently hosted meeting with Lt. Governor Kathy Hochul to discuss women’s issues. A great deal of the dialogue revolved around challenges attendees encountered with the Minority and Women Business Enterprise (MWBE) processes. The Lt. Governor reached out shortly thereafter and asked both organizations to mobilize women business leaders to identify and prioritize the issues that are causing this valuable program to be onerous.
- ** As of June 12, 2019, I became the immediate past- president of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) - Buffalo/Niagara Chapter. NAWBO's mission is to propel women entrepreneurs into economic, social, and political spheres of influence worldwide.
- ** I am an active member of the Erie County Commission on the Status of Women's steering committee, "WNY Women Action Coalition" which connects women with the resources they need to reach their full potential and recommends measures to coordinate, consolidate or expand the resources and services available to women in Erie County.
- ** I am an active Buffalo/Niagara SBA - Score Volunteer - delivering workshops individuals who are thinking about entrepreneurship in the Buffalo/Niagara area.
- ** I have served as a judge for several startup competitions (e.g. 43 North, E^3 and NYBPC, Female Founders in Tech (FinTech) competition, and Female Founders in InsurTech competition).
Two Thumbs Up!
Christine expert in Federal/DoD grants inside and out. She also has great personal skills and enhances the possibility of winning the grants.
I highly recomand her
We are a for-profit startup looking for non-dilutive funding and Christine walked us through all of the processes and gave us a good overview of the areas in which we could apply.
It was so helpful and I highly recommend Christine!