Colleen Harshbarger, MS is West Virginia’s first National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach. She is passionate about helping people live healthy, vibrant, authentic lives. Her approach unifies her areas of expertise: yoga, mindfulness, and whole-person wellbeing. Her clients receive practical tools to optimize health, vitality, and a deeper connection to themselves, others, and nature. Colleen is also a highly experienced, registered yoga instructor (ERYT-500) and has enjoyed teaching yoga for over 25 years. She is also a trainer of health & wellness coaches with The Wellness Inventory. One of her favorite professional activities is leading women’s yoga and wellbeing retreats.
Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT-500)
- For over 20 years, Colleen has led comprehensive, integrated approaches that create cultures of wellbeing in higher education, government and for-profit organizations. For example:
- • At Reebok International, she advocated for, established, and directed the award-winning employee wellness program from 1987–1993.
- • At West Virginia University, she pioneered and led development of the comprehensive student wellbeing program, liveWELL for WELLWVU.
- • The experiential-based academic curriculum that Colleen taught and co-developed, Enhancing Wellbeing, uses the Wellness Inventory platform. This program won the AETNA Award for Wellness Innovation from the American College Health Association.
- • Under Colleen's leadership, Greater Morgantown and West Virginia University became the first accredited Safe Communities in the United States, with a joint municipality–university designation by the National Safety Council.
- Colleen facilitates wellbeing retreats and group coaching for physicians with WVU Medicine
- • Colleen serves as Chair of the City of Morgantown’s Health & Wellness Commission and was a city consultant on The Blue Zones Project®.