In 2005 Linda threw off her corporate garb at the culmination of her emotional, physical and psychological burnout. As an eminent criminal psychologist, she had been working in most of the famous prisons in the UK with many of the most notorious prisoners in recent history. In this major burnout, Linda not only left her job, sold her house, burnt her corporate suits, she also moved countries as well. For 6 years she never spoke about her psychology background, needing to take time to repair and rebuild herself. In 2011 Linda took a 12 week contract in Saudi Arabia, which led to her staying there 6 and a half years. In that time she also started to mentor, train; present key notes and seminars on the importance of emotional resilience, self-care and avoiding burnout. In 2017 Linda returned to England with a plan to finally launch her own company Successful Mindset Ltd, she published Caring for the Caregiver, a proactive book to help people who care about others to learn to care for themselves too. She has been featured in several medical and corporate magazines, CEO Today Magazine and Forbes, as well as becoming a regular broadcaster for ELFM, in Leeds. Now Linda is an award winning international speaker, trainer, mentor and author. With practical, sustainable systems for enhancing emotional resilience, enabling change and enabling self care. Her mantra “Self-care is not a luxury, it is a necessity.” Her passion now is to share her knowledge, expertise and strategies with as many people as possible to help them avoid the trauma of burnout. It took Linda 11 years, 6 months and 17 days to walk into a prison again, but since conquering her own demons, she presents to staff and prisoners the importance of self-accountability and self-care. Linda also lectures for a variety of colleges on their psychology and counselling courses, as well as working with her local McMillan and Carers UK to help idividuals learn to value themselves, drop the guilt of self care and empower them to learn to say no. In our fast paced life, everyone is under pressure to be available, but all gadgets do have an off button; unfortunately being human means we have to find our own way of turning off.
English , Spanish
- Caring for the Caregiver - https://www.amazon.com/dp/1974635651 My book
- Distinguished Toastmaster, International Toastmasters - District Officers in three countries.
- International speaker in UK, Europe, USA and Middle East
- Tedx Speaker,
- Published in many international magazines:
- CEO Today Magazine September 2018
- Forbes Business Magazine
- Stressbuster Radio Show -
- Business Networking Radio Show -
- Live event Master of Ceremonies
- Keynote speaker and breakout sessions in the last year for:
- TM International, Athens; Environmental Agency UK, Hilton Hotels, Middle East; MediCare, UAE, KSA; National Symposium of Training, KSA; Psychologist and Neuroscientist Conference, Birmingham; Women's Global Financial Conference, Birmingham.